Can you help me stop a lie my opponent, and some of her volunteers, are sharing with voters?
They’re intentionally mis-leading voters by telling them our campaign is “Funded by big money corporations from out of state.”
Here’s the truth:
- We’ve raised $32,118 this campaign
- Over. $29k of our donations are from local individuals and businesses.
- Only one (1) out of state donation has been received. This was from a local employer headquartered out of state for $1,000.
- They’ve raised $57,387
- Only $26k from Whatcom County, a significant amount of is from special interest groups.
- They’ve received 24 out-of-state donations. These are from: California, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, and Texas.
Get the Data Straight from the Source:
Washington State’s Political Disclosure Commission: https://data.wa.gov/campaign_finance/contribution?electionYear=2021&candidates=LEWIR–244,BYRDT%20%20226&since=1963-04-18&until=2022-10-05&bounds=7.5063260931040645,-143.22775095982172,60.56107398713061,-60.987494703472166